Answers to nimiiwin's survey.
1. If you could be any age right now, what would it be?
I'm 25 right now, and it's going okay. I very much liked 22, mostly because I didn't have much responsibility.
2. What’s the best thing about your city?
There's always something to do? And we have lots of good places to eat? I don't know. But I do know that I love Nashville, something I don't think I would have ever predicted myself saying when I was younger.
3. The worst thing?
It's a tie between the horrible suburban sprawl (Brentwood and Cool Springs, I am looking at you, and you suck) and the shortage of public transportation.
4. What do you do for a living?
I work in the Reference and Young Adult areas of a large urban library.
5. Do you like it?
I love it almost all the time. I do wish I got paid more, but who doesn't?
6. If you don’t, what would you rather be doing?
If I could change jobs, I'd rather be doing almost the same thing, except I would be a middle or high school librarian. If we're talking dream jobs, though, I'd be a travel writer.
7. Tell me a secret.
I had a minor anxiety attack two weeks ago. It involved some freaking out over whether I'll ever manage to go back to school for the last little bit of my master's.
8. Do you have baby lust?
I haven't had any serious baby pangs yet.
9. Who’s your favorite artist?
I really like the Pre-Raphaelites, but that might just be because I studied them in so many literature classes. If I had to pick among them, I guess William Morris.
10. Is there a particular painting/sculpture/etc that you like best?
11. How about your favorite poet?
Robert Browning. I am so old school.
12. Favorite poem then?
Eh, I don't really have a favorite poem.
13. Favorite guilty pleasure?
I guess watching Alias. While it's on, no one can talk to me, the husband must limit all questions to commercial breaks, and I like to eat Wavy Lays and French onion dip and drink beer. I'm such a lady.
14. Comfort food?
Uh, those Wavy Lays are good. But my favorite comfort food is probably soups and stews, most any kind.
15. What was your childhood nickname?
I never really had a nickname as a kid. In high school, one of my best friends called me "Punkin." It had to do with how big my boobahs were. Nice, huh?
16. How would your worst enemy describe you?
I don't think I have any enemies, except for this one crazy girl I lived with in college. She was obsessive-compulsive, so I think she would describe me as irresponsible and slovenly.
17. What diary that I don’t read should I? Why?
18. Tuna sandwiches: pickles or no pickles?
Pickles, of course! And they must be dill, not sweet.
19. What’s your favorite lunch meal that you eat at work?
Turkey and emmanthaler sandwich on sourdough, with tomatoes, spinach and herbed mayo. I think I'm going to get one right now.
20. If you had a pug dog, what would you name it?
Ack! Is this question designed specifically for ME or WHAT?! I have a couple names picked out. "Tater" is my favoritist pug name ever, mostly because I think pugs look like roly-poly sacks of potatoes. I also like the name "Dolly."
21. How about a Vietnamese Potbellied Pig?
I can honestly admit I've never thought about this. My friend Wendy had a potbellied pig in high school (Wendy was in high school, not the pig), and his name was Porkchop, which I found to be a bit sadistic. He ate Cheese Nips.
22. Who, outside of your family, has had the biggest influence on who you are today?
Probably my husband. Aww. After that, my high school AP English teacher.
23. Anything you’d like to know about me?
Are you still sick with a cold? Trust the Vicks 44. It is your friend.